Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Preparation

I hate packing. There's just something so demeaning about cramming basically all your important personal possessions into a tiny cramped bag, not to mention the nagging feeling in the back of your mind that you've forgotten something important or that you are entirely too superficial and that no one should bring this much stuff with them to the airport. What will my host family think when I show up on their doorstep weighed down by luggage? Worse still, what will security think? Obviously I'm having a little trouble figuring out what's important for this trip. Thus, my dilemma was how to pack for 4 months in Spain. It'll be hot but it will rain; I will mostly be living in Granada, however I plan to travel around a little too. So four days, a messy room, and some cramming, cursing, and crushing later, I am packed -- two suitcases and a backpack. Please don't judge....

Anyway as far as the trip itself is concerned, I am ready. I've been ready. Hell, I've been planning for this experience since I was a sophomore in High School. Being around Willamette's campus this summer has made me a little nostalgic for missing out on fall semester but I have to say that I am perfectly okay with not seeing the bright-eyed freshmen, eating at Goudy (except for Dee Dee's sandwiches), and yes, even working/ studying (if that's what you can call it) at the library. So, with that, welcome to my blog. I will only promise that I will try my best to write about life in Spain and I will try to write regularly (maybe a post by every Wed/ Sun kind of thing). Please leave me comments, complaints, concerns; whatever you feel like. Knowing that someone is actually reading this will make writing much much easier. Hasta prontisimo!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jen Jen! I'm going to miss you. I'm chilling outside in the backyard with abe Connor and alia and we're all drinking margaritas. You definitely
    would fit in! Have fun in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JENNY!!! Sorry I didn't have anything interesting to talk about today when you called me.
    If you are ever in a pickle in Spain and don't know what to do, just think WWABD? What Would Anthony Bourdain do? Probably drink, smoke a cigarette and eat a ton of great food... so do that!

    ReplyDelete